Sunday, July 31, 2011

Still plugging away...

I am almost finished with my June Phat Fiber Superbox spinning.  I won this box in June for purchases I made from contributors to the June Phat Fiber box.  This box had fiber and yarn samples, some full size batts, a project bag, full size yarn, a spindle, and patterns in it.  It was like a huge fiber explosion!  I was thrilled to win it, because I NEVER win anything.  I took all of the yarn samples, ran it through my winder and now have a huge ball of cool looking yarns.  I started crocheting already...we will see what I end up with. :)  I decided to spin the fiber and filled up one, two, and am now working on my 3rd jumbo bobbin!  I am loving the chance to spin every kind of fiber that you could think of!!  So far my favorite to spin was the cotswold!  It's such a sturdy fiber!!
Here is a picture of skein 1 and skein 2, still working on 3!

5 comments:

  1. The colors are wonderful. Although I signed up for Phat Fiber over a year ago, I've never contributed. I am still weighing the pros and cons. I do enjoy seeing the boxes everyone gets though. I like what you did with the yarn. A perfect way to make a larger project out of all of those samples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Isn't it great to have fiber friends who understand the absolute THRILL of getting a package like that!! At my house, the "Look what I got!!" would be met with a mild, slightly weary "Yay"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these colours, amazing and such great fun.
    I'm with Heather- would love to get something like this, my guys would laugh and graon at the same time.
    Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, my DH was like "Congrats on your win, now what the heck are you talking about?"

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!