Sunday, July 24, 2011

Merino is here!

Yeah!  It seems I have been waiting FOREVER for my merino to come in for the shop...but Friday it arrived- lots and lots of it. So, on to the dyeing! Any special colors you would like to see?

I am almost done bagging up my PHAT samples for the Bollywood theme.  I am in love with them!  My favorite so far- maybe because of all the bright colors!  I decided to do them up as Bolly "wool" Bags.  For the full size bags, they weigh in over 3 ounces.  I pulled off approx. 1 yard sections of roving in orange, green, deep blue, pink/purple (merino and Falkland Island wool) added a nice bit of bright yellow firestar, curly yearling mohair locks in a bright turquoise, sari silk, black angelina, a nice fluffy pink sparkly batt and finally a few yards of ladder ribbon done in warm jewel tones.  I will have the full size bags in the shop after the 12th.  I also will be providing the Phat Fiber Blog with a full size bag as a giveaway.  You can spin/felt from the bag, or you can card it up into a super colorful "Bolly Batt"!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds very delicious!!!! I wish I could see them in real...!hugzz..peebee

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh, I am thinking I may have to purchase this one. It sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I'll be stalking your shop and the Phat Fiber thread on Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo they sound wonderful Kelly! Cant find photos though...
    I've just been over to your shop - you have such GORGEOUS things there!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will post them in the shp after the 10th. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!