Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tour de Fleece 2011

Well I accomplished all of my goals for the day.  Tomorrow I will work with the Suri Alpaca fiber.  I will spin some that I have processed into roving and I will spin some that has been finger fluffed.  It will be interesting to see the different textures that I can get.

I also have a goal of learning the techniques in the DVD Sit and Spin by Jacey Boggs. 
Tonight I worked on thick and think yarn.  After spending all of my time trying to make my spinning thin, I now get to make big fat puffs! :)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    I love all the yarn you have spun lately. Love all the neat colors!
    I must thank you for the lovely wire covered with yarn that arrived today! You are the best.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely yarns! I am curious if the roving is very fuzzy and if then yarn is less so. I am not a spinner. I felt, mostly using various sheep wools; have used alpaca mixes but have found that the results with the long fibers have been fuzzier than I'd like. Is suri alpaca different? I'd love to hear what you know about felting with alpaca!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color of pink yarns with thick and thin. Are they also good for wet felt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're getting so good at the spinning so fast kelly, well done. This batch of fibre looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow kelly, it all looks so beautiful! i'll have to visit your shop this week to buy some stuff to make something special, see you this week in the shop:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norma- you are welcome.I know you will create something fabulous with it!

    Ginny- so far all I have felted with is Huacaya Alpaca. I agree it is really fuzzy. The Suri reminds me of silk so I imagine it might stay smoother, I did put some aside to try felting on its own and some to mix with wool. I will try it out and post about it.

    Terrie- Yes the thick and thin would work for wet felting. The thick part is basically a puff of wool and has no twist.

    Angela- Thank you for your kind words, I am determined to practice everyday.

    Riet-
    you are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!