Friday, July 22, 2011

Needle felting on a grand scale

My DD has been busy again!  She recently sketched out a Suess like character in her sketch book and informed me that she wanted to make a HUGE needle felted likeness of her sketch.  I of course was excited to share all of my dyed wool to help her create this project.  She is still working on this, but of course I HAD to start taking pictures.....
The orange body is the size of a basket ball...it's huge.  The little green fluff is part of the tail.  She is going to work on contouring the body after she finishes covering it in the orange wool.  It has been so awesome seeing the progress on this project.  Okay enough gushing from the mom...:)

3 comments:

  1. OOOOOhhhh, what a sweetie!!! I think that someone is totally falling in love with it...hugzz...peebee

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's adorable! patty is not the only one who's falling in love whit it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow he looks gorgeous an very funny! I already love him!
    Mattie (Filz10A)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!