Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy Mail Day!!

Oh wow did I get a treat in the mail today!!
I ordered some raw merino and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!  As soon as I opened the bag I was amazed at how well skirted it was! 

Hello!  Do you see that crimp?!?  I am love, yes I said LOVE with this fleece! :)  It washed up like a dream and is now sunbathing in the fabulous Florida sun!!
( I'm glad no one was home to see me sniffing it!) ;)
 Soon it will be added to some super soft and lovely batts to go in the shop, and of course I will hoard save some for me to spin up. :)

8 comments:

  1. Just lovely! Looks like you're getting a lot done over summer vacation ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only 2 weeks left...I have so much more I want to get done!!!! :) I dread going back only because I had to move rooms and change grade levels, so it's going to be a super busy start for me. Plus the fact that I will be training the faculty on the new science program.....but alas, I will survive....I think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what grade this year? I work with a Title 1 after school program & stick with primarily 4th & 5th grade but will also be doing 3rd - 5th gifted as artist in residence in another district for 7 weeks this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year it will be third. I have taught 2nd-5th. I love them all for different reasons. 3rd graders are still very sweet, and they still have that curiosity and are open to learning in different ways-which I love, because I am very non traditional and student centered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Third is a fun grade! This last year some of my 5th graders looked like they could have driven themselves to school & were already practicing their middle school attitude. That's why it is good to just have them in very small groups & focus on teaching weaving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous locks!! I can't wait to see what comes of it, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Heather, the wheels are turning!
    Deb- I know that "attitude" all too well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh kelly, i can't wait untill it's in the shop:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!