Saturday, October 16, 2010

Woohooo

I am so stinkin' excited!  My hubby bought me a drum carder!!  Oh my goodness I am already planning all of the fabulous fibery batts I am going to make....aaahhh :)  Happiness!

I had a wonderful morning here.  I pulled about 4 pounds of undyed merino, some silk material, silk fibers, and some pencil roving out and had a go with my new fiber dyes.  I spread it all out on the picnic table out back and mixed and played like a kid with a new box of crayons!  I set the dyes with the microwave.  I tried the oven first but it dryed it out too quickly.
Here are some shots as they were drying.

9 comments:

  1. What a treat! I hope you have many happy hours using it. Lovely sunny colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours, love the blue one billowing out against the green. Next year perhaps I'll try dyeing some things of my own, I so want to but don't know where to start! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colors...it's a blast dying isn't it . I do recommend the crock-pot or rice cooker for dying as you can do about a pd at a time and don't have to keep checking it like the microwave .

    Can't wait to see what you do with the carder, I would love to get one some day .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like my house! I am so loving dyeing my own rovings and felted items. You great great colors and often great experiments. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sweet husband bought my drum carder for me years ago, too! Also learned to shear sheep ;-)
    Love your dyeing - now you need a roaster oven ($35 @ Target/Walmart) as it will open up lots of new & exciting dyeing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're pampered to have a drum carder. Hope to see more your works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theyre all looking lovely Kelly! I am SOOoo jealous of you getting a drum carder you lucky girl! I got one right at the top of my wish list too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!