Sunday, October 10, 2010

The rug...

I have learned tons from this experience.  First and foremost, wetfelting a rug is VERY wet business! :)  It was a perfect day to work on this outside.  We have been having warm but dry weather here and that is a rare thing, so I took advantage of it!
I got quite a workout so I figured I can have a nice big piece of my homemade pumpkin bread tonight!
Here are some pictures of the process.....needless to say, I think my antics while making this rug were entertaining to my family...I'm quite pleased with it!








8 comments:

  1. So much fun! And, Kelly, aren't you in Jax or did I mis-remember? I've got family in Atlantic Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Deb- On the other coast near Tampa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha - I lived in Safety Harbor eons ago ;-) It was pleasant but I love upstate SC, especially since I've got room to farm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I t5hink your brave to be wet felting Romney....After many failed (and very wet) attempts with coarser fiber, I gave up on anything much thicker then colonial . Love the organic look of this piece .Would make a perfect base for a nature scape with drift woods and rocks .

    ReplyDelete
  5. The romney wasn't so bad but I did use lots more pressure during the felting than I normally use. I was actually throwing that roll back and forth to my daughter allowing it to land on the concrete pool deck. The edges were not finished as nice as a softer wool but I cut and then wet those areas again. It's a very dense rug and I am thrilled that it worked! Now I can think of doing one with multi colors.

    Deb- I am very envious of you and your farm! I keep telling my DH that we need to move to the mountains! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm full of admiration for you doing such a demanding project. Before I try anything like that I need to go to some Yoga or Keep-Fit classes for a while to make sure I'm strong enough - it looks like really hard work! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!