Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fabulous Mail Day...


Have you ever had those days where you enjoyed getting your mail?  I mean we are used to getting bills and a bunch of junk that we never really look at...not too exciting there.  Well, yesterday was a fabulous mail day for me.  First, I received my Peace Felt from Anne-Marie in the Netherlands.  I am absolutely in love with the piece!  She represented the land and sky with the panel and added a ring of flowers. 


The next wonderful piece of mail was over 3 pounds of raw romney wool from a farm in Michigan.  I have finally gotten enough courage up to try to clean my own.  I REALLY want to make a small rug from the wool.  I ordered it from Oak Willow Farm on Etsy.  Wonderful service-check them out!

And finally. I received an awesome market bag I ordered from Beth's Market Bags, also on Etsy. If you are a fan of oilcloth, then you will love her bags.  I was so happy with my purchase that as soon as I opened it, I ordered another one!  I do have to say I cannot remember a time where I was so excited to receive mail! Well enough rambling from me, I hope you have a wonderful day!
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. It is nice to get real stuff in the mail, isn't it? I got a big order from Wollknoll in Germany and it had my first hat block and 4 kilos of wool and silk chiffon for more scarves. Lots of stuff to play with! I haven't cleaned wool before--how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the draw backs of trying to dye my own fiber now....less packages to look forward to from Etsy dyers . I swear I get more excited when a package arrived then I ever did at Christmas as a kid .

    Good luck with your washing....I've only done it once and swore I would never do it again but I think it was more from all the VM I had to pick out then the washing .

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!