Saturday, October 30, 2010

The lazy girl scarf....

If you know me, then you know that I am the worlds least patient person.  So of course I had to figure a way to cut out a bunch of steps in making the previously blogged scarf.  If you have read lately then you would know that I have been in a frenzy of batt making since my hubby bought me a drum carder.  I felted flat panels just beyond a prefelt stage, but not completely to a hard felt stage.  Well I now have a huge pile of felt panels that I really had no firm plans for..... So..... I used a rotary cutter and cut these panels into 3 1/2 inch strips of felt.  I then sewed them end to end to create a long (approx. 60 inch) strip.  I did this to two blue panels I had made.  Next I sewed both of those strips down the middle.  Then I cut a fringe on both sides of the sewed strips.  Finally I re-wet and soaped them, concentrating on felting the fringe.  No joke it took about 10 minutes total.....and this is the adorable (if I do say so myself) scarf- and it's long enough to wrap and have nice long tails!!!


5 comments:

  1. Adorable - and I would have been so tempted to join the ends into a mobius scarf because that sure would make a nice fuzzy doubled up collar (probably not in Florida but I just did this a.m.'s farmers' market in 40 degree weather).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kelly...you came up with such a wonderful
    way to make this scarf. It's beautiful!
    I love that it was so quick to make, too.
    I'm going to call you 'innovation grrrl'!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and fluffly! Great colors, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,i absolutely love the scarf,its a gorgeous colour too.well done

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!