Sunday, October 10, 2010

My wool cleaning experience

I have had a fun time washing...no, I'm not running a fever... :)
I spent about 30 minutes going through the fleece and was amazed at how little VM there was-my hands were so soft and slippery from all of the lanoline.  PeeWee was one clean guy!
I pulled out approx. 1/3 of the wool and placed it in a huge bucket of very warm soapy water.  I made sure it was submerged and left it set for about 15 minutes- I had to resist the urge to stir it around- didn't want to felt it yet! I pulled it out of the bucket and layed it out on my picnic table (I did this all outside).  I did a very gentle rinse to clear up the water.  Now it's laying out in the Florida sun drying.  I am loving the silver gray color and cannot wait to make my rug!  I have two more batches to go.....