Saturday, October 30, 2010

I did it!

The other day, Heather, who by the way has a fabulous blog sharing her felted creations, posted a scarf that she had made.  I fell in love with the funky look and decided I HAD to try and make one.  Well let's just say the first one was a Disaster with a capital "D"!  I slept on the idea and woke up this morning deciding I was going to try it again.  I modified her instructions a bit and this is what I ended up with......




Things to work on...make the fringe a little shorter....make the scarf a bit longer-that merino/silk blend shrunk much more than I expected it to....at least my fear has been overcome...and believe me that first scarf was something to fear...LOL :)

3 comments:

  1. I was rather taken with that blog post too & considered it as I have a closet full of roving that would be hysterical like that. I read her posts; any other good tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb- it was easier for me to create 3 seperate felted pieces first,sew those pieces together,and then cut the fringe and work with soap and water until those cut pieces were felted on the cut sides. Did that make any sense? I tried with prefelt and plastic wrap on the first piece and it was not pretty....I can laugh now but I was horrified that I ended up throwing out so much wool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I was leaning toward the same thing simply because I figured if there was a moment I would become a total klutz it would be as I tried to keep three resists & layers separate but together.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!