Sunday, May 1, 2011

Batt to Yarn

In the spirit of using what I already have, I decided to try out some color combinations. Lot's of sparkle in this batt, I really need to figure out how to take pictures that show the sparkle. I pulled off about 1.5 oz. using my new diz. It made it really quick to spin up since it was almost completely pre drafted. I pulled the rest of the batt off whole. I will pull the predraft off in strips since I carded it pretty even in color across the carder. The darker blue merino really changed the look of this batt. The lighter pink is all alpaca. I am very happy with how soft this batt turned out, and am so far happy with the yarn (it's going to be added to my crazy scarf somewhere along the line).
Posted by Picasa