Friday, May 27, 2011

Finished 1/2

Well I filled and then plyed 2 bobbins of the alpaca.  I just cannot get over how soft the fiber is.....I did notice after plying that I probably should have spun the singles a little tighter because they loosened quite a bit when I plyed the two together.  But I am still very happy.  First because my singles were thin enough to be plyed and actually look like yarn and not rope, and second because I took this fiber through almost the entire process- except the shearing part.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with the yarn once I finish the other half. I'm sure I will figure something out.

5 comments:

  1. Yum, pretty colors. like rainbow sherbet! Looks super soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa, it's the first time I have spun more than just a sample of alpaca. Now I know why everyone gushes over it....it's sooooo soft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yarn looks amazing! Drape...you must knit something with drape. Your colors are amazing too. I always tell people that Alpaca makes all spinners look good ;-) It really is an amazing fiber and I'm not saying it because I love it so...it's the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowzer! these look absolutely fabulous! great to do the whole process, love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty yarn Kelly - love the hot summery colours :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!