Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What I have been up to....

About a month ago I was able to watch a lady spin on a spinning wheel.  It was almost hypnotic watching, and seemed to be such a calming activity that I was really wanting to learn how to do it myself.  I was too shy to ask her if I could try.  I finally decided that I wanted to learn how but was not sure about driving over an hour each way to take lessons.  So I did what I always do....I jumped in with two feet and decided I would teach myself.  Ha!  Needless to say I think I might finally have figured it out.....sortof.  I will say that once I got beyond trying to figure out tension settings and found a rhythm, it was very relaxing and I was so thrilled with my first spin and ply that I cannot wait to try again!
Now for those of you who have mastered this...please don't laugh...lol :)  oh heck who cares...laugh, I'm so stinkin' excited with it no matter how fluffy and over spun/underspun it is! :)  I feel like a little kid who made a picture that they are so proud of!!!