Saturday, March 19, 2011

Having fun

Yesterday was filled my my 3 favorite things!
1. Shopping- my youngest will be 15 at the end of the month, so we needed to do some shopping for her. ( I cannot believe my BABY is going to be 15!!!
2. Spinning- I have really been working on drafting consistently....it's getting there.....
3. Felting- I cannot show this because it's a surprise for a special blogging friend.....

All in all I had a FUN and productive day.  Later this afternoon I get to head off to the fiber guild meeting.  Have a fabulous Saturday!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Did you dye this roving? Very nice cheerful colors! Have fun at your meeting - I'm probably at the house all day but husband is out shearing for someone else so I think he'll bring home a few surprise fleeces. It is amazing how many folks own sheep but don't want their fleece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dyed some of the roving in this spin. The rest was leftover from a project I had wet felted. I have a lady local here that is giving me her recent sheared fleeces. She said she does not have time to do anything with them. I figured even if I just use it to practice spinning it's a great deal....FREE. She did say it felts nicely also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly sweetie,
    I am so happy you are having fun. The colors you are getting are fabulous. You know I love Bright colors. :)
    Can't wait to see more.
    Hugs and enjoy the meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fabulous! You really can learn a lot from playing with a free fleece. Did she tell you the breed(s)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this yarn! It's so cheerful. What an exciting weekend. You really don't believe people when they say "time flies when you have kids" but goodness, it sure does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such bright happy colours !
    I had a giggle the other day when I found my spinning - I learnt on a drop spindle - talk about overspin - so funny! The joy is in the learning. Can't wait to see more !

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!