Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring colors everywhere.....

I started dyeing wool (merino, BFL, and polwarth) tencel, firestar and some alpaca yesterday when I came home from work.  It has now finished drying in the awesome Florida sun.  The colors remind me of Easter egg dyeing.  I want to make some fluffy spring batts and now I have some pretty spring colors to add to them.  Also last weekend I ended up buying approx. 3 lbs. of Alpaca fleece at a wonderful local farm.  I am almost finished picking it, and am going to spin it up.  I bought gray, white, a deep chocolate brown, and a wonderful carmel brown color.  I REALLY like the softness of this new to me fiber.  I was given a few predrafts of it last weekend to try spinning, I loved working with it and need to get the rest done so I can finish filling the spool.  Thanks for reading!
Kelly

5 comments:

  1. beautiful colours, looking forward to see your batches:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Riet! I'm going to start working on them tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy, the colors are gorgeous :)
    karen xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum. Send that sunshine over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous colors, particularly love pink and purple.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!