Monday, February 21, 2011

dot to dot

I finally had a chance to do something with some of the royal blue wool that I dyed a few weeks ago...you know...the one that made my hands look sort of "smurf like".....  I cut out circles of prefelt using a scrapbook diecut machine that I have from my stamping and scrapbook days-what an awesome time saver-the felt cut like butter, and I have tons of dies in tons of shapes to play with.
They sort of look like eggs after felting...but hey I'm going with it.  I do see that if I use such a dark bottom layer, that my prefelt pieces might need to be a bit thicker..the blue did seem to migrate more than I anticipated.  I now have approx. a 16 x 16 inch square that I can sew into something fun!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the clear lines from using the diecut machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well kelly, with easter near the egg shapes will do fine:) it'svery colourful and i'm looking forward to the endresult. love, riet:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly,

    Love how the egg shapes look on that gorgeous blue! Maybe you can make a nice Easter Bunny with that one. :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent idea! I had been wondering if those cutting machines would work with felt. Great effect....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly--It looks wonderful..can't wait to see what you make from it.
    P.S. If you want to maintain circular (or any other) shapes, make sure that you roll your piece in both directions equally. Watch for 'ovaling' as you're working, and work the piece the other direction if you start seeing it stretch out. XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip Heather! Now if I can keep myself from chatting and actually count my rolls! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!