Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm here

It has been a few crazy weeks with work since I posted last.  I have started making batts with the wool that I dyed in the previous post.  The first batt I made was made from my leftover pieces of wool.  It's a hodge podge mix of different types of wool that I ended up tossing into the emerald green dye pot.  The colors that resulted are exactly what I envisioned!  This batt is approx. 3 oz.  I will be working on the rest of the green today, and then need to finish cutting some prefelts for a "spring" project I am working on.  More later...thanks for reading!

9 comments:

  1. lovely colour green, good luck with your creative production:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love it! Sometimes the best part of mixing fibers is how they all take up dye just a little differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo Kelly, I really like this batt! Cant wait to see what you do with it
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the greens! I am planning on dyeing a bunch of greens for a SAL I'll be hosting starting in a few weeks. Argh! A few weeks? I had better get busy. Glad to see you post. Wondered where you had gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this beautiful color and your title font is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! It was nice to get back into the fiber side of life...too bad work gets in my way so often..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a wonderful emerald green you've got there - absolutely stunning! And the different fibers make the batt so vibrant!What kind of dye do you use for this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anneli- I use Jaquard acid dyes. This was the emerald green dye. All of the previously dyed colors picked up the color in some really interesting ways. It was a great way to use up all of my scrap pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!