Sunday, December 19, 2010

More batts...no..not flying mice ;)

A few months back I washed and dyed a bunch of raw wool that I had purchased.  I had bags of the wool locks stored away waiting for the day I would be able to create batts.  Now that I am officially on vacation, I have been digging the wool out and making batts in between shopping, cooking, and just plain relaxing..although a what I hoped to be a quick trip to IKEA was NOT relaxing.
Anywho...here are a couple shots of the before/after of the two latest ones.  I am becoming quite good at cleaning the drum off between batts!
Also, a HUGE thank you to all of the wonderful comments.  My family members just shake their heads when I start blathering on about wool, so it's nice to know others are just as in love with the stuff as I am!

5 comments:

  1. I can relate...I actually see the light go out of my Bf's eyes as soon as I murmur the word "wool" . Funny how just looking at your new batts makes my heart race....yummy . I guess it's a good thing that we are not all alike though or I would have to wrestle my wool packages away from him when they arrived .

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kelly, thanks for the explanation! my husband had a good laugh when i told him about my "problem" i enjoy lookin at the colours, they are so beautifull!
    love, riet:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wool is cool, we're addicted to it. Love the color of right one. What do you call that color? Turqoise?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours Kelly, you`ve dyed them beautifully. Love the gente variegation in the finished batts
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!
    Terrie- the colors I used to dye were, turquoise, sky blue, and yellow sun.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!