Friday, December 17, 2010

Felt covered buttons and typical ramblings....

Today I finished up a birthday present for my sister that I started this weekend.  I started off with my very own self dyed merino.  I carded up a batt that used 4 different colors but I kept same colors together and let them migrate into each other just a tiny bit.  I felted it as a thin panel, and then machine sewed it together.  After I finished that, I did a simple blanket stitch on the outside to give it a little something. And then moved on to finding the perfect button....I could not in all of the 100's of buttons that I have find one that I felt worked well....so.....I covered a button blank with a piece of felt that was a remnant of the pouch and Viola, a matching button.

Now I am sitting here wondering what took me so long to figure out that I could have been making these buttons for my pouches all along!!  Sometimes I'm a little slow I guess....or maybe it's this freezing weather we are having here in Florida- my brain is slushy- I'm not used to wind chills anymore....

So anyway.....here it is...I hope she likes it!