Friday, July 16, 2010

Crochet 101 Class

When I was younger, I could crochet a never ending chain.  It really never evolved to much more than that.  Over the years, I would try to go back to crochet but would frustrate myself to no end trying to read written instructions with tiny pictures.  I then became the master of single crochet by trial and error. I even taught myself to knit, but I still had problems learning other crochet stitches.   So finally after all of these years, I took a class!  I actually "get it" now!  Seeing it and having someone there who I could turn to if I had a question was wonderful.  By no means will I be crocheting an afghan anytime soon, but I am happy to be able to check that off my bucket list! :)

The picture is of a soap pocket I made  during class using cotton yarn.