Friday, July 16, 2010

Crochet 101 Class

When I was younger, I could crochet a never ending chain.  It really never evolved to much more than that.  Over the years, I would try to go back to crochet but would frustrate myself to no end trying to read written instructions with tiny pictures.  I then became the master of single crochet by trial and error. I even taught myself to knit, but I still had problems learning other crochet stitches.   So finally after all of these years, I took a class!  I actually "get it" now!  Seeing it and having someone there who I could turn to if I had a question was wonderful.  By no means will I be crocheting an afghan anytime soon, but I am happy to be able to check that off my bucket list! :)

The picture is of a soap pocket I made  during class using cotton yarn.

4 comments:

  1. You can do a lot with double-crochet! Baskets, bags, mittens, creatures, the list goes on and on. I love crochet but hardly ever have time to do any - hope you find some other projects to try now you've made a proper start. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have become the master of the basic crochet stitches and I am determined this year to get into an intermediate class. I just cannot read a book, but if someone showed me then I wouldn't forget it. I have been crocheting for thirty years and it's about time I learned some new tricks!!

    Sharon/Kerryfelter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed at your soap pocket and evolving process! I know nothing about crocheting but enjoy seeing the beautiful results "out there" of others. Will look for your next projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sunshine! Thanks so much for becoming a follower on my blog!! I have been reading some of your past posts, and we have much in common!! I am a beginning crocheter too! Taught myself the hard way, through trial and error, mostly error. Ripped out lots and lots of yarn (and hair), but finally have figured out how to do the basic stitches. No thing complicated yet, and like you, will not be trying an afghan anytime soon... but I can make dishcloths! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!