Monday, July 5, 2010

Crafting ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) :)

I admit it, I do have crafting ADD.  I find myself with tons of extra time to get myself into lots of crafting trouble.  I do love my summers! 
 I recently took a trip to Atlanta and went shopping in many of the fabulous vintage/antique stores.  I found the most adorable Yo-Yo quilt.  Of couse I bought it, and then thought to myself (dangerous territory here..I know) I could make these!  So off on my quest to become a Yo-Yo maker.  I am dreaming of Yo-Yo garlands, so I am now making myself one. 
I have also been working on embroidering the notebook cover that I mentioned in my previous post.  I am learning the stitching as I go along-I need lots of practice, but it is fun! 

On another note, my daughter who is learning how to needle felt made an adorable little pig- she is now making another for me because I fell in love with her first one!
So these are a few of the things I have been working on....crafting ADD....I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Your embroidery looks great Kelly!
    Have no fear of stiches - often the simplest of all, can have the best effect. If it helps any, I find if I layer a colour ie. use three different greens instead of one, the eye becomes less discerning of actual stitch perfection.
    Have fun
    Don't forget to post more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! I will try that with multiple shades. Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!