Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wet Felted Journal from Heather

On Monday I received a wonderful wet felted journal in the mail from my phenomenal felter friend Heather!  We made a trade of wool but in different forms.  I really liked the most recent journal she made and shared on her blog using yarn as a wrap.  When I commented on what a great idea it was to use yarn, she suggested a trade.  Well of course I jumped on that, because Heather makes beautiful felt, and my momma didn't raise no fool!  In trade, I sent her a box full of my hand spun yarn.  I sure hope she likes what I sent as much as I like this journal.  She asked what color I would like and I told her any neutral color would be fine.  Oh boy did she deliver! The colors and textures are just what I love.  Here are some shots of her beautiful work!! 
DSCN3988 (1024x768)
Outside Cover (front and back)


DSCN3992 (1024x768)

4 comments:

  1. Oh lucky you, that is so gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich texture and pretty color. Great keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO glad that it suits you!! I had a lot of fun making it and will blog about its 'creation' soon.
    I adore my new yarn and can't wait to find some fun uses for it! Thanks, again!
    XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly,
    Hope you are doing well and having a lovely Saturday.
    Love that felted journal.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!