Monday, August 13, 2012

Blue Lattice Shawl

I mentioned in my last post that I was getting ready to start a shawl based on the lattice idea.  This one I created using BFL fiber.  This fiber is in my experience does not wet felt as easily as Merino fiber, but if you like a wool that has a nice texture, then this one might be one for you to try- you will need to spend a bit more time ensuring that your overlapping areas are completely felted.

It is next to skin soft, not as soft as Merino, but I feel is much harder wearing than Merino.  I dyed this batch of wool top using various shades of blue.  Sometimes I feel like a mad scientist when I start choosing dye colors.  A little of this, a little of that.....FUN!

DSCN3982 (1024x768)

The final shawl is about 5 foot long and about 2 1/2  foot wide.  I added some more long locks as a fringe at the end and in the middle, they will fall along the back when the shawl is worn.  I love, love, love the texture the BFL added, all I need to add are the hot fix crystals which should be here by tomorrow!
DSCN3983 (1024x768)DSCN3981 (1024x768)

Tomorrow, a post about a beautiful journal cover gifted from a wonderful friend!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this blue lattice scarf Kelly! Gorgeous colours and fibre choices, great to see you felting again :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!