Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Inspiration

I was inspired by Suzanne's post, at Hooked On Felt, about her pod hanging in her garden.  I could not make up my mind on the colors, so I used my bag of wool scraps.  It's a pretty large bag and I think I got a little carried away with the size of my pod.  Mind you, I had no idea how to make one of these, but I figured all I could do was try......I used a ton of old plastic shopping bags for the resist.  I balled them into the shape I wanted and then taped them into a solid using packing tape.  I love how it brings a colorful spot to an otherwise shady spot in the garden.  It felt good recycling pieces of wool that are bits and pieces from projects that I have made while learning about this thing called felting.......

8 comments:

  1. LOl, I made a cocoon last monday too . It got stuck in my mind for a few weeks now, as I was in a training and I thaught it would be a nice symbol for my personal , inner change... will blog about it tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun project, and I am interested in watching to see the changes that occur to the pod with our summer rains....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kelly, nice to meeting you here on blogger!
    I love your cocoon, it fits perfectly in your beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello

    Thanks for your comment. The cocoon is lovely, such a lovely house for a birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! So far no tenants in the cocoon. Maybe it's too hot here in Florida for wool...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea! It's been very humid here in MD - wonder what would happen to a pod here - hmmm. Your creations are very organic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly,
    Your pod is soooooo cool! Love the colors and the design...and to find that I inspire others make me absolutely joyous.
    For the resists, I use the foam pad that is used in laying wood floors, it's an under laminate type stuff, available at Lowe's or Home Depot. Runs about 25.00 a roll. It's great for resist.
    Again, really great pod! (I'm clapping my hands together for you and smiling!)
    oxoxox
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Suzanne! Thanks for the idea for the resist. We have tons of that stuff left over in our garage! I plan on making more....if I can stop getting side tracked by all the other projects I have started! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!