Tuesday, March 11, 2014

SAORI Weaving Class

A couple of weeks ago I headed up to Northern Florida to take a SAORI weaving class.  I have seen so many beautiful weaving projects come from these workshops that when I saw one offered in the same state, I jumped on it.  Needless to say, it was time well spent. I had the opportunity to spend two FULL days weaving to my hearts content.  Instead of taking my rigid heddle loom, I decided to rent a SAORI loom for the workshop.

 What a fabulous loom it is!  I learned so many cool techniques from our instructors and saw such creativity from the other workshop participants that I came home energized, with new ideas filling my head.  After MUCH discussion with my better half, I decided to order a SAORI loom of my own!
Today the tracking info made it into my inbox, and I am tickled pink that it will soon be here.  Here are a few pictures of my finished wall hanging.  It's a sampler of many different techniques and of different types of materials.
Yes, I think I did get a bit carried away.....I'm going to need to find a very tall wall for this!
XO,
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. I love your fabric! Saori Weaving is super addictive and liberating. Of course, now you need to start thinking about sewing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Kelly! You certainly do need a tall wall :)
    Have fun with your new loom.. look forward to seeing more wonderful creations
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Run it around the room at picture rail level!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. The loom is here and all set up with a 6 meter warp. I have been dyeing and digging through my handspun stash and various fibers to find the perfect weaving materials. Stay tuned....

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!