Friday, March 21, 2014

SAORI loom in da house!


My new SAORI loom arrived!  I purchased from Weavin Place SAORI Style on ETSY (awesome peeps)


It was amazingly easy to set up, and within 10 minutes, it was ready.  


I decided to try and stick with a few colors that matched a beautiful hand-spun thick and thin yarn that I spun last Spring.  The poor yarn has been moved around my workshop all year.  I never found the perfect project for it, until now......  

I started the weaving one evening once the weekend settled down and finished it bright and early the next morning.  Since I am using it for a table runner, I folded the ends over and gave them a quick stitch on my sewing machine, it was quite fun cutting off the fringe.


I am thrilled with the "visual movement" on the weft sections that I used the thick and thin yarn.  It gave me some ideas that I want to try out on future weavings, but for now I will write the ideas down in a note book since my brain seems to be stuffed with fiber ideas.  The loom is ready for another weaving and I'm excited to see what magic occurs when I get the chance to settle myself down in front of my new toy!
Thanks for stopping by....
Kelly



3 comments:

  1. Your runner is a work of art. Love it.. I love all the texture you have added with the many different kinds of art yarn.. Your new loom is lovely. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo Kelly, your runner is B-E-A-utiful! I really love everything about it.. looking forward to seeing more!

    I don't know anything about looms :) but it has a lovely glow to it, and doesn't look as scarily complicated as looms often do. The fact that it was such a quick set up is wonderful.. you could get straight down to playing :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very productive new toy! The result looks good - it's always useful to get textural help from a yarn..

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!