Saturday, July 14, 2012

My New Craft Cottage

For the past few years, I have been felting, dyeing, and spinning all over the place! Not having a dedicated space has meant that I have had to limit myself on some of my projects because we have not had the room to keep projects out for a period of time. Fast forward to a month ago. We had a modular building built and delivered. My wonderful husband them installed electric and an A/C in it for me. I painted the walls and had a textured floor put in. For the past few weeks, I have been moving my fibers and crafting supplies in. Slowly but surely, it is starting to take on that cozy cottage feeling. I have plenty of space to set up my large table for wet felting and outside have my fiber table for working on my raw fleeces. The decorating will take time but so far it's perfect!

6 comments:

  1. Kelly-Your new studio looks really wonderful!!
    I think I have the exact same Ikea wooden kitchen piece with drawers, and Ikea cubbies (in a slightly larger size)!
    Great minds?!?! :) XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,
    Congratulations! Your new studio looks perfect for you! I can see you are taking your time setting it up. It looks lovely!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, yes IKEA is the best for all of the storage I needed! I agree "Great minds... "
    Norma, I'm sure I will have it "junked" up with everything that inspires me in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo Kelly - what a wonderful work space! I looks lovely and cosy.. and SO organised - love it :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Deborah, you can be sure these pictures will be the last time it is seen this organized! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, such a cosy and well organised studio ! The storage of wool is colorful and yummy. We're in Hong Kong the humid weather doesn't allow me to show the wool like that. I admire your place.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!