Saturday, September 3, 2011

It seems like forever!

Thank you to my friend Norma for reminding me to come out and play! :)
School is underway and I am EXHAUSTED!  Every year we start from scratch and run non stop until June.  It's a crazy cycle that makes me wish we had year round school!

I have been busy dyeing today to try and restock my shop.  In the down time between rinsing fleece, I decided to spin up a bump of Merino/Alpaca that I purchased from Andrea of Wonder Why Alpacas.  I love how this blend is spinning up! 
I added 2 more fiber toys to my arsenal over the past few weeks. :) I guess I'm not too tired to continue to stimulate the economy! ;)
The first is another wheel.  I bought an Ashford Country Spinner- this wheel is PERFECT for creating those chunky art yarns, and is so much fun to core spin on!!  The next toy is a beautiful new 5' tri-loom.  I have everything I need to start a shawl....but I am scared to death!  I think I need to take the plunge and get on with it. More later...on to pull in all the fiber I dyed today!  Here's a peek of some.....



7 comments:

  1. Jump into the tri-loom. My children used to weave on mine when they figured out they could sell their creations for *money*! It really is a nice process & also can be good for using up stash yarns as you can just tie on new lengths of yarn as you go.I have a Country Spinner in the closet - need to pull it out but I'm so spoiled by the Woolie Winder that I have on my Majacraft that I favor that wheel.

    Aren't you glad you have fiber to keep you sane enough to deal with children ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly--I'm so glad that you've managed to find the time to play a little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors and merino/alpaca blends are so lovely to touch .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly,

    So happy I motivated you to do something fun again! That is great that you bought two New Toys! I love those colors.
    Hugs and keep well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors, Kelly! I was given a feed sack full of fleece and I have never cleaned wool before. It's so wet here that the trick is to get it dry before it starts to mildew--any ideas or tricks to impart???

    ReplyDelete
  6. my best advice is to use a salad spinner and fans. Also do small batches. The humidity here is awful too and I always feel damp. Once it's pretty dry I bring it inside to finish off the process. The A/C does a good job of getting the last bits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb- it is a great distraction for me right now. Education is not a very friendly profession to be in when the economy is bad.
    Heather- I have been playing, just too tired to share it.....it's been my therapy these past few weeks.
    Krex- it is squishy soft, I love the blend too.
    Norma- Thanks for sharing your newest creation. I love seeing something I made as a part of your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!