Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It's done....

My first tri-loom shawl!!  I love the open weave of this shawl.  It's perfect for Florida's Fall and Winter.  As a "first time learned from the internet project", I am quite pleased. Even if I never wear it, looking at it makes me smile.

It has been a therapy shawl of sorts.  I have many hours of thinking woven into this shawl, even a few tears. Hopefully the negative energy I have absorbed over the past few weeks has been worked out into this shawl (from people who love nothing better than to lump good teachers together with bad and wonder why the good ones are so hard to find....)

Letting it go.........and loving my shawl.....

9 comments:

  1. Very lovely. Did you full it? That was always the funniest part for me when using the tri-loom. What I'd stared at for quite some time on the loom turned into a whole different creature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly, it is beautiful! The colors are perfect.
    Good way to get rid of stress!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors, Kelly! It's beautiful. The drape looks very nice...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl is beautiful Kelly - I LOVE your colours! Your should definitely wear it.

    Sorry to hear that you have been down.. I hope you are feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! I am really happy with it.
    Deb- I did not full it. I am going to hand wash it and then block it, I really like the open weave look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, your shawl is beautiful, I love the colors! I'm sorry to hear you were having a rough patch, but something really beautiful was born out of it, your lovely healing shawl! Wrap it around you like a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly---Grrrrr..work stress this early in the school year?
    That's just WRONG!!
    I'm happy to see that you have taken it out on the universe in a creative and healthy way. Your shawl is amazing and I think you should find a night to wear it and show it off very soon!! XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all! I am finding that silver lining...I still have the crazy notion of saving the world one kid at a time, it only gets frustrating when I run smack dab into reality. I wrap myself in my shawl and it's the little hug I need!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!