Monday, June 27, 2011

Getting Ready....

My Suri fiber is dyed, and now in the process of becoming roving from my drum carder.  I have fiber everywhere!  It's going to take me FOREVER to clean all of the extra fluff off of my carder :)  I am going to card each color individually, and then spin.  I am saving my oranges to spin un carded and just fluffed.  I am gearing up for the Tour de Fleece.  And all of this alpaca fiber I have been hoarding is going to be spun.  I have Huacaya in  rose gray ( about 10 ounces or so), chocolate brown, white, a really pretty lighter brown color, and a beautiful gray.  I think I will be busy enough! In the pile of fiber in the picture, the green is the Suri I have already made into roving,  The rest is fiber that I have processed over the past couple of months.
I think I am crazy, but holy moley it's reaching intervention levels around here with all of the fiber, and I don't even own an Alpaca!!!


My team is Wonder Why Alpaca- Team of Wonder.  :)  Thanks Andrea for letting me join!  

6 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS colors! I had to take a quick look out at the barn to make sure the Alpacas hadn't changed colors. It looks like you got the hang of carding the Suri Alpaca. Just remember that when you spin Suri, you don't want to over-spin. Suri Alpaca should be drapey. Even when you ply, don't over-ply. You spin it totally different than you would wool. Many people get frustrated with Alpaca because their yarn turns out like "rope", My suggestion is to get a nice glass of wine, put on your favorite tune and have a wonderful date making yarn (you thought I'd say love) with that delicious Alpaca. Most likely you will spin a finer yarn than you have ever spun before...and you will want your own Alpacas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...that Andrea is always trying to turn us into 'winos'!! (I've been following her suggestions to the letter, though!) :)
    As far as the fiber goes, I say the more the merrier!!
    XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather- yeah I've noticed that! :) A nice cold beer usually does it for me. And it is vacation time for me.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea- Thanks- the batts are turning out gorgeous. I will be sure to stock up on beer for the tour...:) I will tell my DH that you said so...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!