Sunday, June 5, 2011

Felted bag for a friend

I had a request for a black felted bag with pink stripes from a co-worker based on Heather's peanut resist bag that she made for me. I used a rectangle resist for mine. So today was the day to get that project completed.  I actually started it yesterday, but it got too hot in the garage to complete it, so I waited until it was cooler this A.M to work on it.

I have decided that I DO NOT like working with black wool!  I used a dyed merino.  It kinda reminds me of wearing black pants.....it attracts all kinds of fiber and looks messy.  After the photo shoot, I gave it a shave.  It cleaned it up much more to my liking.  I hope my co-worker likes it........giving something I make to someone else always causes me such anxiety!!!

4 comments:

  1. I like it and I'm sure that your friend will too. I nuno felted a shawl for a swap earlier this year. It just didn't turn out like I pleased but the colors were super nice. I always think of Grease 2 when I see all the pink and black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice color contrast. I also have the feeling of anxiety doing things for friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!
    Pink and black always makes me think of the old Happy Days television shows. :) It's funny how colors can make such strong connections to things in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about black roving! I recently made a raw fleece rug with my middle daughter that really used black to its advantage. It migrated into the fleece just beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!