Saturday, January 15, 2011

doin' the happy dance..

So today I drove to my favorite twice a year antique fair in Mt. Dora, Florida.  I was as always finding treasure after treasure.  We were on our way to our car when I caught something out of the corner of my eye.  Sitting half hidden on an old bench was a HUGE rug...but not just any old rug....it looked like it had been wet felted and then embroidered.  I checked it over and saw only a few small areas where some of the embroidery on the border had come apart, but the rug as a whole was VERY clean and in great shape.  It didn't have a price and I almost walked away thinking it would probably be WAY out of my price range.  I patiently waited for the man who owned the rug to finish with another customer and I asked him what the price was.......and here comes the best part....the part that made me almost sing.......it was only $20.00!!!  Yeah me!!  I love a deal!