Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Roos, Puppies and yarn!

Lots to share today.  It has been quite crazy around here.  Remember those roosters I posted about a bit ago?  Well they have been kicked out of the hen house.  They decided to start acting like roosters when I would go get eggs from the gals.  The last straw was when I opened the door to the coop to be met with a face full of rooster.  He cut my eyelid and I'm sorry to say I drop kicked him before I realized what I was doing.  Don't worry he is fine but my eye was pretty sore.

011

After talking my husband down from culling the boy, I decided to let them (both Frank and Paul) go free range in one of the open pastures.  May the odds ever be in their favor......(gotta love The Hunger Games!)
018

I have a friend who is a foster for puppies here in Florida.  She will usually post those heart string tugging pictures of her foster puppies on Facebook and usually I have an iron will and resist all ploys of these wonderful foster peeps......until I saw this face....
048

This will teach me to get on Facebook...... Now he (Toby) is home with us, we are in love,  we are worn out from puppy antics, and we would do it again in a heartbeat! He is a bundle of energy and loves following me around while I am taking care of the animals.

And finally, I will leave you with a yarn I spun last night.  I used my rainbow dyed BFL top.  Once I finished my single, I chain plyed it.  I really like the color blocking I was able to get.
052

Well that's it from me, I am off to spend my morning with my dear friends at our weekly guild meeting.  Toodles!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,
    Those roosters are something else! Glad you threw them out of the coop! I like your comment about the Humger Games. LOL
    Your poor eye...Thank goodness that he didn't hit you directly in your eye!
    Hope it gets better soon.
    Love the puppy! He is so cute.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly.. what a naughty rooster! That looks sore, glad he didnt get you in the eye. I think he is lucky to be a free-ranging-rooster.

    Toby looks a real sweetie :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!