Friday, October 12, 2012

A felted bag of curls and locks...

Yesterday I busted out the long locks. I decided it was time to try them out on a felted bag.

I used a resist for this bag and tried felting it inside out. I do have to say, I like doing it this way when adding embellishments such as locks, ribbons and pieces if pre-felts. At the last minute, I remembered to add a different color dot to the side I used the locks. I am happy with the results and am going to keep refining this shape. I have plans to work on a natural colored one today.

Also I had to add another picture of Toby! He is all puppy and when he snoozes, he snoozes hard!

7 comments:

  1. How sweet Toby! Love the look of the bag, wild and chic. Your curls are lovely. I have been trying to find supplier of long and curly fleece. Recently bought the Gotland and Wensleydale but not all long and curly. Do you mind letting me know? Thanks Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather- thanks, and it was the biggest one so far....slowly getting over my fear!
    Terrie- on Facebook, friend Namaste Farms, she sells her fleece on Facebook. Also Jazzturtle on ETSY sells long locks. Both have wonderful fiber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool bag! Toby looks so sweet, give him some pets from me and my pack-o-dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaw that is such an adorable photo of Toby! He looks very cuddle-able :)

    Love the new bag Kelly.. the curly locks are awesome
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the things you make; the yarns as well as your wet felting projects. Keep up the good work!!! :-).Love, Alexandra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I have been so happy to get back into wet felting! The animals are just as much fun and I am enjoying watching them grow me beautiful fiber to create with!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!