Friday, November 26, 2010

My first stocking...

Last year this time I had no idea what felting was, and I am trying to think back to what sparked me onto this new obsession.  I truly cannot remember......Whatever it was I am thankful for it because I have had so much fun this past year learning!
I have been thinking about making some stockings for Christmas since this past summer.  So today I decided to try.  I chose a natural oatmeal colored wool.  I made my template using wood laminate flooring underlay.  I wet felted the stocking and then needle felted a heart onto one of them.  I think I like them nice and simple like this.  These would be wonderful for small gifts...hmmmmm 
Here's to hoping you had a stress free day :)
Kelly

5 comments:

  1. I love the way you've decorated your stocking!!
    My eldest daughter has 'put in her order' for a stocking for her puppy this Christmas...with ears on it!!
    If you didn't see this last year, here are the ones I made then: http://woollove-functional-fiberart.blogspot.com/2009/12/stockings-were-hung.html
    XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Are you tempted to try it on just for the feel of it....(I would be) . Glad to see someone else as enthusiastic about felt as I am . I'm still just as obsessed with it and passing my second year....there is just so much to learn and try .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I need to get felting more later so I have plenty for a craft fair on Dec 12th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting my blog and i'm glad you did, beause that's how i found you!!!
    great blog you have and i'm glad we don't de christmasstockings in holland, otherwise i had to try them too hihihi!
    love, riet:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple but GREAT. Nice that you also found felting interesting. Me too only started last year and obsessed.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!