Sunday, November 21, 2010

Flowers, pin cushion, and great conversation....

Found this ceramic dish at a thrift store for $1.  Ended up making a pin cushion out of it.  I think this one is for me...nice and simple.  I made a flower ring to be added to a gift bag for another gift. It's been a nice creative day around here.

 I also was able to make some batts for a quilting project for my mom.  She wanted felt panels so that she could use pieces for flowers that she will be sewing onto a quilt.  It was fun making them and I hope she likes what I have come up with.  But the best part of making the panels was the great conversation I was able to have with my 14 yo daughter while I was rolling....my sweet girls are becoming such wonderful young ladies!  Yes- I am a little bias..... ;)

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean!! Two of my four daughters are home from college this weekend and I've been just soaking up their stories and our great conversations, too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!