Sunday, August 1, 2010

Merino and Tencel .....I like!

This morning I woke up wanting to felt.  I had some fiber that I had not played with yet.  It is a merino and tencel fiber mix.  Tencel is a fiber made from wood pulp cellulose.  In felting, I can liken the look to that of tussah silk fibers.  It gives a really nice shiny look with that typical wavy look that I seem to get when I use the silk fibers.  It has a nice soft feel and if I wanted to make a piece of clothing ( which I don't know how to do...) I think this would be a nice blend to use.  I really like it!  This photo is from parts of the bag that I am making from this fiber.  I used a resist, but will post a picture of the finished bag later!  Have a wonderful Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. What great colors, and I love the shimmer!! (Can't wait to see the finished bag!)
    It's so funny, 'cause I recently received an offer for tencel fiber in an e-mail note, and I discarded it after thinking, "I don't know whether this felts!"
    You've come to my rescue again, so thanks for the info. Now that I know that it looks this good, I will need to get some!! Hugs--

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tencel mixed in, too; these close-ups are glorious; I'll be waiting impatiently to see the finished bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks beautiful, lovely and shimmery - I've always wondered how it would felt so thank you for sharing your experience of using it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.
    Like Heather I wasn't familiar with tencel. It looks lovely and I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished bag.
    Cheers Joan

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!