Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My wonderful vacation is over.....

Back to school for me today.  I am excited as always to get back and plan for my new students, but I am going to miss the lazy no schedule days of summer.....
Earlier in the Summer I dyed a bunch of wool, silk and angelina fibers.  Yesterday I made a new pencil case with some of it.  This time I think I was able to finally perfect adding the silk and angelina within the wool just enough to keep it in place, but not so much that I lose the sparkly quality of the fibers. 

5 comments:

  1. nice to of found your blog, love your pencil case. How lovely to have organic embroidery classes, they sound brilliant, will pop back now and then to see what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this soft color. After a long break it takes time back to track, not even students, so do teachers. It's true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lines of stitching really show off the texture and it's lovely and shimmery! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! It's always a highlight to my day to read such positive comments! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmm, lovely - soft and bits of glitter - you found the perfect balance!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!