Sunday, April 7, 2013

Felted Pods and Allergy Fun

Well I have a smaller project to share this time. I have been working on making wool pods to hang in the Oak tree next to my workshop. I started this project using a large teardrop shaped resist. I layered 3 layers of wool for each side. Then the rolling started. After snipping a hole in the front, I removed the resist and rubbed the edges of the hole to seal the cut edge.

I think this smaller project was just what I needed to keep the creative juices flowing while I battle the worst allergies I have ever had. I read that it is oak pollen that is at high levels...... My farm is called Sunshine Oaks for a reason.......so I guess I better find a good allergy medicine and learn to deal with it.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly.. sorry to hear you are having such an allergy problem.. that is miserable! Hope you find some good medicine and feel better soon..
    Your pod looks pretty, it's nice to do small projects when you are feeling off.. helps to take your mind off it for a little while.
    Feel better soon my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you poor thing! I guess this is why they say one must live in a new house all four seasons to really know what it's like! :(
    Your latest projects are terrific (esp. love the white bowl with handmade yarn embellishment!)...and HOW THRILLING to be teaching at SAFF!! Excellent news...congratulations!! XO-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pod! Been thinking about attempting a couple for our wildlife.

    Hugs on enduring the allergies. They've been bad here in Michigan too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good morning, I can sympathize with your allergies-I live in the woods surrounded by oaks too-ours have not started yet-as we have had a very cool spring so far. I love your newest creation! will the birds use it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies, I have armed myself with a neti pot, lots of liquids, and a BIG box of tissue.
    The house will remain closed tight until the oaks finish their business and my wonderful husband took care of feeding the critters for me this morning. I saw what looked like little house wrens checking out the pods I have hung so far! They are the tiniest little critters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you here! I am reading so often on creative blogs about the waxing and waning of the creative urge. Farmers call it the fallow field...you need to recharge. I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the allergies. Irritated to suffer. Wish you're getting well soon. The pod is enough for the birds. So safe and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!