Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in Review....

Wow! This year has flown by!  I have had so many great experiences.  And it truly has been a year of learning.
I learned how to knit, weave on my tri-loom, and spin.  I opened up an Etsy shop, and have met so many wonderful people who are as crazy as I am about fiber.  My family has been so supportive of all of my new endeavors, and rarely complain when the kitchen table is piled high with dyed fibers, or if the house once again smells of vinegar from a marathon dye session.  On the personal front, I have had ups and downs, but my family has been with me through it all, and for that I love them even more!
 
Learning to spin......



And........the best part......my fiber babies!
Piper my Giant French Angora and Challenger my Rose Grey Alpaca.
Here is wishing all of you a wonderful 2012!

6 comments:

  1. Kelly--It's wonderful to see your fiber work collaged like that! It really makes the year come alive again, doesn't it?!?!
    I hope that this New Year will be less challenging and even more fiber-filled than the last. I wish you great joy in the coming year and I hope that you will enjoy the newest member of your family, Challenger!! :) XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the beautiful yarn you spun. I am still struggling to get more control over my coils...yours are perfect! Yes, the best part of the fiber process is the animals the fiber comes from. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly
    Happy New Years Eve!
    It really has been a year of learning for you and you have done extremely well my friend! I have enjoyed viewing all your lovely projects and buying some from you. :)
    Hope the New Year brings you and your family lots of blessings, health, happiness and love! May your creativity keep on growing so you can share more lovely things with us!
    May our friendship keep growing in the new year.
    Lots of hugs and Happy New Year 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy new year and may it be a good personal year for you, with great creative expiriences! love, riet:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have certainly achieved a lot in 2011 Kelly - good for you! Your fur-babies are adorable :) I must of missed a post, I didnt know that you had an alpaca - Challenger is gorgeous.
    Best wishes for 2012
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish you lots of creativity and happines!! hugzz...peebee

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!